FanFiction Fever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FanFiction Fever

Love books so much that you write your own stories on them? Love to read the work of other aspiring writers? Then your at the right place! (Hopefully)

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  PortalPortal  

A Plan Gone Wrong

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hazel

Hazel

Female
Number of posts : 178
Job/hobbies : Living
Humor : um...funny?
A Plan Gone Wrong Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100A Plan Gone Wrong Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-06-28

A Plan Gone Wrong Empty
PostSubject: A Plan Gone Wrong   A Plan Gone Wrong EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 5:13 am

A Twilight and AF fanfic

(This takes place after the 3rd and starts during the 4th Artemis Fowl book and after the 2rd Twilight book)
(Some dialogue in the beginning was taken straight The Opal Deception. For that I don’t take credit for)
And I already posted this on WC but whatever Very Happy

CHAPTER I

Although Artemis was baffled by the contact lenses he decided that he simply could not dwell on the thought any longer. After all he himself had bought them. There were plans to be carried out and people to steal from. Artemis didn’t know why, but he felt like parts of him were missing. He shook away the thoughts. It was time to focus on his plan at hand. Stealing the Fairy Thief.
“I don’t like this Artemis,” Butler said in his bass gravelly tone. “My instincts tell me it’s a trap.”
“Of course it’s a trap,” said the 14 year old Irish boy. “The Fairy Thief has been ensnaring thieves for years. That’s what makes it interesting.”
Butler glanced at his young charge through the rearview mirror for a second. But he knew better than to argue with Artemis.
Getting into the bank proved to be no problem, after getting inspected by Kurt, who didn’t suspect a thing.
Butler removed an architect’s drawing from his deposit box, unfolding the document until it was almost six feet square. He had taken photos of the vault with a button camera the last time he had visited. Artemis had used the photos to render a digital reconstruction of the room. That provided Artemis with a thirty-three foot box of cover. There his movements would be covered by the drawing.
Artemis got to work right away. He pulled out the fake metal braces he was wearing and took the keys out from behind it. The first vault he opened contained nothing he was interested in at the moment. But the second safe had a cylinder shaped box in it.
“Artemis, moving a little quicker would be much appreciated,” Butler said to Artemis who was holding the cylinder.
“This is it, it has to be,” Artemis said in quiet tones more to himself than Butler. He shoved it into his backpack and slid the fake retainer back into his mouth.
They left the bank in triumph, nobody had suspected a thing. Butler and Artemis got into the car and closed both doors. “Well done Butler my old friend.”
“Are you going to look at it and make sure it’s the real thing?”
“Yes I was going to wait until we got back to the hotel to make sure that it was authentic but I would like to take a small glimpse here.” Artemis pulled out the tube and slowly pulled out the content. He unrolled the paper to see a blank sheet with big writing on it. He frowned and read what the paper said. “Too late! Sorry it looks like I beat you! Nice try.”
Artemis sighed, he Artemis Fowl II had been tricked. Of all things to happen this had to have been one of the worst. Only one man had been able to do this before and Artemis had taken care of him and that problem.
“What are you going to do now?” Butler asked.
Artemis was silent a moment. “I suppose I’ll have to start over and find out the new location of the Fairy Thief.”
“What’s that on the floor?” Butler asked pointing to a small rectangular piece of paper on the floor of the car.
Artemis picked up the slip of paper and smiled. “On second thought Butler what would you say to a trip to the US?”
Before long both Artemis and Butler where on a plane headed to Washington.
“Remind me why we are doing this again?”
Artemis sighed. “According to this business card there is a man or woman I suppose with the initials OPK that lives in Forks, Washington. He must have something to do with the Fairy Thief whether he has it now or not. I aim to track him down and get the information from him.”
Butler glanced at his charge. “Oh? And how do you plan to get the information from him?”
Artemis smiled. “That my friend is where you come in.”

The flight landed some hours later after a few stops. The flight landed them in Seattle; from there they would have to drive. Butler got a rented car and they were on their way.
Artemis was not impressed by Forks. “Well the weather is lovely,” he stated sarcastically, watching the rain pour.
Butler drove for a nonstop hour and a half. “Artemis this is useless, we’ve driven through the entire city already. This business simply does not exist.”
Artemis would not admit defeat. “No Butler, it’s here. It has to be I can feel it.”
“Well at least let me ask a resident ok?”
“Fine you think it’s necessary.”
Butler stopped at the first house he saw. The lights were on so Butler would be able to assume they were home. “Are you coming?”
“Yes of course,” Artemis pulled open the door to the car and followed Butler to the door.
A girl who looked a little older than Artemis answered the door. She looked up and down between Butler and Artemis as if she wasn’t sure which one to address. “Can I help you?”
“Yes,” Artemis said immediately handing her the business card. “Or at least I hope you can. We’re looking for this.”
The girl studied the card for a second and then handed it back. “Sorry, but there is no company by that name here.”
“Are you sure?” Artemis asked, his heart sinking.
“Bella, who’s at the door?” A man interrupted coming up to the door.
“They’re lost,” Bella replied.
The man looked down on the pair. Well actually he had to look up to see Butler. “Where is it are you trying to get to?”
Artemis then handed him the card. To his relief and utter satisfaction, the man said. “Oh yes, I know where this is. It’s an old run down building that isn’t used for anything anymore. It is near La Push the reservation.”
“Thank you,” Artemis replied taking the card back. “You have been most helpful.”
“But wait, I just have to warn you, you can’t get there by car. There used to be a narrow road to get there but it has been over grown and it is completely impossible to get a car through.”
“All right, we’ll keep that in mind.”
Artemis and Butler walked back to the car. “What’s the plan now?” Butler asked.
“Find the old company of course.”
Butler felt that something was not right here but he kept driving and kept his senses alert.
“Butler stop here I think this is it.”
Butler stopped the car like Artemis asked and they both got out.
It was still raining but Artemis didn’t worry about that. He had other more important things on his mind.
Butler couldn’t help but think that perhaps Artemis was just a little more than obsessed. “Artemis, I’m not so sure it’s in our best interests to be walking through dense forest like this.”
“Trust me Butler,” was all Artemis said.
So what could Butler do except follow him. “Look I can see it right ahead.”
Butler was looking ahead and he could also see it. “Ok lets get inside and get out of the rain. I hope you have a plan Artemis.”
“Don’t worry old friend. I always do."
Back to top Go down
http://ilovebooks.aforumfree.com/index.htm
Hazel

Hazel

Female

A Plan Gone Wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Plan Gone Wrong   A Plan Gone Wrong EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 5:14 am

CHAPTER II

Butler sighed and walked after his charge. There was no arguing with that statement. Artemis did always have plan. But it did not erase his uneasy feeling.
The building was very old. It didn’t like it had been in use for decades. It should’ve been taken down years ago.
“Let me go in first Artemis.”
Artemis stepped back and let his bodyguard enter the building first.
“No electricity,” he stated. “Do you have a flashlight or something?”
Artemis had on a backpack, the same one he had used in the bank. He pulled out a flashlight and handed it to Butler. He had packed provisions before he got on the plan. He figured some type of lighting device would be useful.
“Who’s trespassing?” A girls voice sounded in the room making Artemis feel very silly when he jumped in surprise. But he of course composed himself very quickly.
“Please excuse us we are a little lost and were seeking shelter from the rain, we weren’t aware that this property was still owned by someone.” This of course was a complete lie. But Artemis had never been a very truthful individual.
The woman came closer. She was very beautiful. Her age was impossible to guess but she had to be in her 20’s. “Well you are right, this property isn’t necessarily owned by anyone. I am also a trespasser.”
Although she was very beautiful there was something very dangerous about her. Butler wrapped his hand around the hilt of a gun which he hadn’t yet revealed he had.
“May I ask why?”
The woman smiled. “Sure you may, I’m here because I had something important to hide here.”
Artemis had no doubt that she was talking about the Fairy Thief.
“Have you any interest in art?”
Artemis considered her question. Should he lie? He wasn’t yet sure what game she was playing. “Some.”
“I happen to know that you have a very large interest in art.”
“Really?” asked Artemis trying to sound as if he didn’t really care. “What makes you say that?”
“Because you’re after the Fairy Thief. The painting that I stole.”
Artemis frowned, had this mysterious woman been spying on him? How was that possible. He as well as Butler had gone through extent measures to make sure that they weren’t being followed or watched.
“So then I gather you are OPK?”
The woman laughed, it was a very melodic sound. “Of course you would assume that but no I am not. I left the business card there yes, to lure you here. But those initials aren’t mine.” As she talked she slowly and swiftly moved closer to Artemis.
Artemis thought for a moment, trying to put together the puzzle pieces. He needed one more answer. “Do you know who I am?”
The woman said, “No and I don’t actually care, human.”
The last word startled Artemis. Human. Someone else used to call him that as well. She’s a fairy! His brain automatically said. But Artemis shook the thought from his head. There are no such things as fairies. And plus Artemis had a suspicion that if there were such things, fairies would look a lot different.
Butler had already taken his gun out and had it pointed on the woman. “Take another step and I may be forced to use this.”
The woman laughed even harder much to both Butlers and Artemis’s surprise. “Use it for what?”
“Butler,” Artemis said in hushed tones. “That will not work on her.”
“That’s right listen to your young friend.” The woman was standing next to Artemis by now.
Even with everything he knew Artemis found no way out of this situation. He had no doubt that this girl could as quickly take out Butler as she could take a breath. Artemis wouldn’t be able to defeat her without knowing her weaknesses. Perhaps he could keep her talking long enough for him to figure out what she was and what she wanted.
“So you have no interest in art I presume.”
The woman snorted. “No I have interest in one thing only.”
“Oh?”
“Yes I have interest in Bella Swan.”
The information meant nothing to Artemis for a second but then he realized that he had heard the name Bella when he was asking for directions.
“What’s she to you?”
“I don’t have to explain anything to you. All you need to know is that I have a revenge to carry out and you are going to help me.”
Artemis had no time to react. The woman flung herself at him knocking him to the ground He heard Butlers gun go off but the woman didn’t even flinch. “Artemis!”
Butler tried to pull her off but was thrown back into the wall where he stayed.
Artemis struggled to get away but it was no use. She was too strong. “Say goodbye to your old life.” She hissed. She brought her face really close to Artemis skin. He watched in horror as she bit down on his arm. The truth hit him, “She’s a vampire!”
But he wasn’t able to think clearly after that. The pain traveled up his arm. It felt as if he was burning from the inside out. He tried not to yell but couldn’t help himself.
“Don’t worry, the pain only lasts a few days,” the woman said as Artemis writhed on the floor. She moved away from him and on to Butler. But she never got the chance to reach him.
A pack of enormous wolves burst in. The woman hissed and fled. Half the pack went after her and the rest stayed. Butler sat up a little hazed. “Artemis!” He groaned and moved to his charge. I’ve failed. He thought as he looked at the boy. Then he noticed the wolves. The wolves looked at him a second and then fled. That was odd, Butler thought. Then three large boys came into the room.
“This doesn’t look good Sam,” one of the boys said. “She bit him.”
“We’ll have to kill him.”
“No!” Butler shouted.
The boys looked down at Butler kneeling next to Artemis as if they just noticed him.
“We have to, there is no other choice.”
Back to top Go down
Hazel

Hazel

Female

A Plan Gone Wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Plan Gone Wrong   A Plan Gone Wrong EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 5:14 am

Chapter III

“No,” Butler growled. He moved a hand to his coat where he had another gun.
The boys looked at each other. “Look you want him to be like her? He’ll be a monster.”
Butler was silent. He didn’t know who these boys were or who that woman was but he did know that there was no way that they were going to kill Artemis without having to kill him first.
The boys once again exchanged looks. “You don’t even know what’s happened. Do you?”
Butler looked down to Artemis. “No.”
“That woman that was here, her name is Victoria. She is a vampire. She bit that boy there. I don’t know exactly why since she has been after Bella. But now he will become a vampire as well.”
Butler looked up at the man talking. A vampire?
“We can’t let him live because we hunt vampires and kill them. They are dangerous to mankind.”
“I can’t let you kill him,” Butler said.
“Technically he is already dead,” One of the younger looking boys said very unhelpfully and got a punch from his friend from it.
“I know this is touch for you. Are you his father?”
“Tough for me?” Butler growled. “This isn’t happening. And no I am not his father, I’m his bodyguard although not much of one I suppose.”
He was getting sympathetic looks from all three boys now. “Well we don’t really want to do this. But once you see what he’s become you’ll wish you had let us. He may even kill you.”
“I will do whatever it takes to keep him alive. And if you kill him you’ll have to kill me first.”
This was complicated. “We’d rather not, but the boy must go. All humans if they knew would thank us for it later. It’s part of our job.”
“But I do believe that only applies if our kind trespasses on your land,” A female voice said.
All three boys recoiled from the girl walking towards them. “Alice Cullen.” One of them said in disgust. Butler automatically suspected she was a vampire. This place was crawling with them.
“I saw this happen and came right away. You can’t kill him. He isn’t on your side of the boundaries.”
“What you want him to live?”
“We aren’t all that bad,” Alice flashed a smile.
Butler couldn’t help but believe her. Or at least he would’ve if he hadn’t met Victoria first.
“If we let him live, he will be your responsibility.”
Alice looked a little hesitant but replied with a confident, “Fine.”
“If he crosses our boundaries we’ll kill him,” the man went on.
“Fine Sam I understand. You can leave now I’ll take care of it.”
Sam left with the other two boys following.
Butler looked at Alice with a curious expression. “Why did you do that?”
Alice looked him square in the face. “I don’t really know. I just felt like it was right. My family can help look after him. Of course it won’t be easy and they won’t be happy about it but for some reason I didn’t think that he deserved to die. After all here I am alive. He didn’t choose his fate after all.”
“Well thanks.” Butler hoped that was an appropriate response. But even still it didn’t seem enough to cover what she did.
“What were you doing down here anyways?” Alice asked.
So Butler explained about Artemis and his ingenious plots.
Alice nodded. “Victoria is a sneaky one. I’m willing to bet that she had a reason for this. Perhaps I will be able to find out sooner rather than later. But for now I guess I had better get Artemis here back to my family.”
“His family is going to need to know,” Butler said.
Alice looked horrified. “You can’t tell them the truth! Humans aren’t suppose to know about us! You know because of unfortunate circumstances but you can’t go and just chat about our existence to just anyone!”
“What do I tell them?”
Alice was silent for a moment. “I think it’s best if they just think he’s dead.”
Butler hated to do this to Mrs. and Mr. Fowl but he really had no choice. He was going to dread this. “I suppose I’ll have to fly back to Ireland and then make up some type of excuse why Artemis is dead and why I couldn’t save him. I won’t be able to show my face in the bodyguard community ever again after this.”
Alice looked at him sympathetically. “I’m sorry, truly I am.”
Butler nodded in thanks not that her apology made it any better. Nothing could make this better now. Not even Artemis. “When will I be able to come back?”
“Well the process takes around three days. And he won’t be himself until well, it’s different for every person but it takes around a year to be somewhat stable around humans. But I think you should come by around the end of the week. If he isn’t safe then you’ll have to stay away from him. From what you tell me he isn’t like normal humans. Perhaps he will also be unique as a vampire.”
Butler could tell that Alice was just trying to soften what happened. It wasn’t working. But perhaps she was right and Artemis was different. I would probably be the first but then again Artemis prided himself in being the first. “If for any reason you need to reach me, here is my number.”
Alice looked at it and then slipped it into her pocket. “When you come, just ask anybody about Alice Cullen, they all know me.” She picked up Artemis and slipped away.
Butler felt drained. He felt as if this were all a dream and that this could not possibly be happening. But with Artemis around anything could happen. He bent down to the floor and picked up the rectangular piece of paper. OPK, Butler still wanted to know what that all was about but he wasn’t sure it was even still relevant. He slipped it into his pocket just in case. After all who knew? Perhaps Artemis would still want that painting.
Back to top Go down
Hazel

Hazel

Female

A Plan Gone Wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Plan Gone Wrong   A Plan Gone Wrong EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 5:15 am

Chapter IV

The ride back to Ireland was rather uneventful. Butler fretted about what he would tell Artemis’ parents. He felt like such a failure. The Fowls had trusted their sons life in his hands. Butler felt beyond terrible. He wished that he could just vanish and not bother even telling Artemis’ parents. But that would be wrong. It would give them some hope that their son could possibly be still alive and coming back. If he told them then they could get on with their lives.
The airport was really busy and hectic as usual. Butler was glad that he only had a carry on. Butler noticed that night had fallen. The car he had driven to the airport that same day was still exactly where he left it. The price probably was threw the roof by now but Butler had other things to be worrying about. Butler went through the plan in his head. He would say that Artemis fell into the river and Butler couldn’t save him because the current was too fast. No, no that wouldn’t work. Butler knew that people would be suspicious of that one. Especially when all the questions came that he wouldn’t be able to answer. And then there would be the question of where Artemis body went. He would have to be able to think of something better than that. As Butler drove what he was going to say hit him like a bolt of lightning. A car crash would work just fine! If the car was lit on fire then that could be why there was no body. If they got hot enough bones could also burn so that took care of that.
Butler decided that instead of just telling the Fowls what happened he would create the car crash. He stopped the rental and got out. He started to go over what he was going to do in his head. He would have to break through the windshield. That way he could say he was thrown through it which was how he didn’t get burned. In that case he would have to create some cuts on himself. He looked at the windshield wondering how he was going to break it. And then without a second thought he brought back his fist and slammed it into the glass. It hurt but Butler ignored the pain. He had felt worse before. Half of the windshield shattered and the other half had a spider web of cracks spread through it. Butler looked at with a small sense of satisfaction. He then turned the car back on drove it slowly into the ditch. He got out and pushed the car so it was no longer right side up. There, he thought that looked convincing enough. He kicked the car a few times to create some dents. He buckled the seatbelt in the passenger seat. That would explain why Artemis wasn’t also flung from the car.
Butler looked at the car unhappy that he had to lie like this and then pulled out a box of matches. He had to throw in the entire box to get the cat ablaze quickly. With a piece of glass he made gashes on himself where he would have them if he had really been thrown from a window. He wished Artemis was here so he could calculate exactly where Butler would hit if he was thrown from a car. But if Artemis were here then there wouldn’t have any need to do this. He looked at the car, any second the fire would hit the gas and there would be an explosion. Butler moved away from the car but somewhere in sight. If someone came by he would pretend to be unconscious. He just hoped that no one would come by until the car was in complete ashes.
The explosion made from the fire was deafening. Someone had to have heard that. Butler positioned himself on the ground and waited. It didn’t take long. He heard a car come up and stop suddenly as well as people yelling.
“Look over there!” Someone shouted. It was obvious that someone had spotted Butler.
“I’m calling 911,” Another voice said, it sounded like a female.
“Do you think he’s alive?” A little voice asked.
“I told you to wait in the car!”
Butler was trying to figure out how many people were there. So far he was guessing three.
“And yes I’m guessing he’s alive. It looks like he’s breathing.”
“He has blood on him Mom,” the little boy’s voice said again.
“Well don’t worry 911 is on its way.”
Butler moved.
All three people fell silent.
Butler played his part by groaning and sitting up. He looked at the burning car with feigned shock in his face. “No!”
The two adults exchanged looks each other but the little boy said. “Its ok mister, you can get another car.”
“Hush Christopher,” The woman who probably was his mother said.
Butler got up and headed towards the car. One of the people grabbed his arm. “Don’t it isn’t safe.”
“Artemis is in there!”
The man who grabbed his arm looked sick, “I don’t think there is anything you can do for him now.”
Butler pulled his arm away from the man and just stared at the car.
An ambulance showed up within minutes. It was very hard to convince the paramedics that he would not under any circumstance be going with them but eventually they gave up seeing that he was just scratched. But they did warn him that it was still possible that he had a minor concussion and that if he felt any dizziness or headaches he needs to see a doctor. Butler was asked way too many questions than his liking. Once the firemen had put out the fire there was of course to remains of Artemis. Mr. and Mrs. Fowl were called when the police figured out that Artemis wasn’t Butler’s kid.
There was a great deal of crying which Butler absolutely hated seeing. He was overwhelmed with guilt for what he was doing. The pain he was causing these two right now was probably the most painful thing he had inflicted upon anyone. They searched for remains of Artemis but there were none.
Butler told the Fowls that Artemis felt the need to come home so Butler had agreed to take him home early even though the headmaster wasn’t informed of it yet. Upon driving home, a car came out of nowhere and crashed into the rental which is all Butler could remember. The rest could be inferred that Artemis had been knocked out in the car which was why he couldn’t get out before the flames consumed him. Or even that the crash had killed him. The Fowls didn’t care much for details. It was bad enough that their only child was dead. Finally they were able to leave the seen and Butler came with them. They of course didn’t blame Butler for the tragedy but Butler didn’t feel any better.
Once home Mr. Fowl started making funeral plans. Mrs. Fowl was too much of an emotional wreck to do anything. Butler had Juliet take care of her. Mr. Fowl gave a brief good night to Butler and Juliet and then headed upstairs himself.
Butler explained what had happened to Artemis. He felt bad lying to his sister. Here he was causing her pain as well when he was supposed to be protecting her. She was being strong but Butler could see it was hard for her. He knew the minute he was gone she would start crying. “Go on to bed Juliet. There is nothing more to be done tonight.” She did without a word.
He looked at the calendar in the kitchen next to the phone. Three days from now it said Artemis’s funeral. Butler really would’ve liked to miss that. He didn’t want to see the Fowls in pain over their dead son who wasn’t really dead. But he supposed he had to be there. And after it he would go and visit Artemis. The new and different Artemis.
Back to top Go down
Hazel

Hazel

Female

A Plan Gone Wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Plan Gone Wrong   A Plan Gone Wrong EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 5:16 am

Chapter V

“Alice what…” began Jasper when she saw her arrive. What made him stop was what she was carrying.
“He was bitten,” Alice replied.
By now her whole family was beginning to migrate into the room. All besides Edward, he was with Bella.
“By who?” Rosalie asked.
“Victoria, who else?” Alice replied. “The La Push pack was going to kill him.”
Carlisle looked down at the boy. “Come on bring him in, you better tell us what happened, from the beginning.”
“I had a vision of two humans being attacked by a vampire. I saw the building that they were in so I went after them. By the time I had got there, the La Push pack was arguing with a human about killing the boy, Artemis is his name. I reminded them that they couldn’t kill Artemis since he wasn’t on their side of the land. Sam said that if we took him in as our responsibility then he could live.”
“What about the other human?” Emmett asked.
“He went home to tell the parents that their son died. He’ll be coming back though. I told him to stay away for a week but I already know that he is planning n coming much sooner.”
Carlisle looked down at the boy, “Well we might as well find somewhere to put him. There isn’t too much we can do for him now.”
Alice laid him down on a couch in Emmett’s room. “Do you think he can be left alone?”
“I’ll stay in here with him for awhile,” Carlisle volunteered.
Back in the living room, Edward had come back and Rosalie was filling him in. Edward frowned. “We have a newborn vampire in the house.” He didn’t look too pleased about the idea. Probably because that meant that Bella would not be safe around his home anymore. As if she was ever really safe in the first place. “I thought Victoria was after Bella.”
Jasper shrugged. “Maybe she was after a midnight snack.”
“But she didn’t kill him,” Emmett added.
“Maybe because she didn’t get a chance too, the La Push pack scared her away,” Alice reminded them.
“What were the humans doing in that building anyways?” Rosalie asked.
Alice shrugged, “Looking for some painting. Artemis isn’t exactly what you would call honest I assume from the other humans point of view. Butler is what he’s called. He went into a bank to steal the painting and found a business card that led him here.”
Edward’s frown deepened, “If Victoria was looking for a midnight snack, then why on earth would she lure people to her like that? That seems more work than it’s worth.”
The Cullen’s were quiet a moment before Alice shrugged. “She’s a tricky one. Maybe the werewolves will find her and finish her off.”
Edward gave a small smile, “Finally they would prove their worthiness to exist. But anyways, I’m off. Bella should be waking up soon.” With that he took off running.
Alice left the room as well and once again entered Emmett’s room. She looked at the boy who was still squirming with pain. Alice was once again glad that she didn’t remember being made into a vampire. All the same she felt terrible for Artemis.
“I wish that I had gotten there sooner.”
Carlisle nodded, “I as well and no doubt that’s what Artemis will wish too. But it isn’t your fault. You did what you could. And you did save his life, in a way.”
Alice nodded, “How are we going to keep him, well you know, away from people?”
Carlisle shrugged. “If it gets bad I’ll take him up to Alaska. There he will be able to work on his self control. But for now he can stay here.”
“I guess we’ll find out how bad he’ll be when his human friend Butler comes up for a visit.”
Back to top Go down
Hazel

Hazel

Female

A Plan Gone Wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Plan Gone Wrong   A Plan Gone Wrong EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 5:16 am

Chapter VI

The funeral was just as bad as Butler feared it would be. Not that many people were there at least, just his parents along with himself and Juliet. Artemis wouldn’t be missed by that many people. Butler supposed that it would be better that way anyways. The less people that remembered him the better, especially since he wasn’t actually dead. Except the car crash did make the news and his death was mentioned. Butler was beyond glad when it was over. He really wanted to get away from Mrs. and Mr. Fowl. He couldn’t stand being around them. He felt the same with his sister. Every time he saw them cry, or in his sisters case, almost cry, he felt unbelievably guilty.
“Butler you have been a really good friend to Artemis and you did well protecting him for the time that he lived but now we don’t really require your services. You are always welcome in our home and may continue living there if you so wish,” Mrs. Fowl said. “But I feel you won’t be as happy without being able to do what you trained so hard to do.”
Butler was glad that he now had an excuse to leave. “Thanks, Mrs. Fowl, I think I would like to accept your offer but I need some time away for a little bit.”
Mr. Fowl did say anything but put his hand on Butlers shoulder and nodded his thanks. He then wrapped his arm around his wife and escorted her into the house.
“You’re leaving then?” Juliet asked.
“Yes, but don’t worry, not forever. I just need some time away,” Butler lied. “Living here won’t really be the same after all.”
Juliet nodded. “I’ll be waiting for you.”
“Bye little sister.”
Juliet turned away and also entered the house, leaving Butler outside by himself. Butler stood there feeling a little lost. He then entered the house and used the phone to call a taxi. He needed to be taken to the airport and there was no way he would even think about asking one of the Fowls.
The taxi was promptly on time. Butler took one last look at Fowl manor. He knew he would be back but he wasn’t sure how soon. He was expecting that Artemis would send him back to get some of his things.
Butler got into the taxi and drove to the airport. He had a long time ahead of him where he would do nothing but think. Hopefully he would be able to sort through some of his thoughts. He really should’ve taken some meditation lessons from Artemis.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~000~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Artemis shifted position where he lay. Then he realized the pain had stopped. He felt not only better but stronger. But there was something else there as well. He had an indescribable need for something that he wasn’t completely sure of. He thought back to what had happened. Pain had made him forget some things. Luckily for Artemis he was able to block some of it out during times through his meditation. That vampire had bitten him. Was he now a vampire? And after she bit him what did she do? “Butler!” Artemis gasped sitting up. There was no sign of the bodyguard. Had she killed him?
“Don’t worry he’s on his way.’ Artemis turned towards the familiar voice. Where had he heard her voice before? It had been on the abandoned building, he was sure of it.
Artemis didn’t recognize where he was or the people that were with him. But he felt the growing thirst within him and realized what it was. He had been made a vampire that explained what he was feeling. He was thirsty for blood.
“Is Butler ok?” Artemis asked.
“Yes he is fine, anxious about you of course though,” the same girl replied.
Artemis accepted that for an answer but still had many more questions. “You’re all vampires.”
“Yes,” one of the males said. “So then you can remember what happened?”
“Some of it.”
“You’re one of us now,” the first girl said. “I’m Alice by the way. This is Carlisle, Rosalie, Emmett, and Jasper. Our other family member Edward isn’t here.”
Artemis looked around at each family member memorizing their names and faces. He looked down at his arm. There was a white scar there. He assumed that was from getting bitten. He was trying to think but only one thought was taking over. He was so thirsty. All the vampires were watching him as if they were waiting for him to do something. He ran his hands through his hair. He would think rationally. He was able to push it from his mind but not for more than a few seconds. Finally he couldn’t take it any longer. “Is it normal for me to only be able to think about blood right now?”
The vampires exchanged glances. “Yes it’s normal for you to be thinking only of blood for a rather long time. Especially when there is some around.”
The need was building up in Artemis. He felt as if he couldn’t wait another second.
“I’ll take you,” Carlisle said.
Artemis almost didn’t hear him he was too busy with his inside battle.
“Come with me.”
Artemis stood and followed Carlisle out the door. As he left he heard Jasper whisper to Alice. “He already displays good self-control.”
“Yes I noticed. But we must also remember that there are no humans around either.”
“Hmm,” Artemis thought. This whole vampire thing was very interesting. He had many questions to ask Carlisle.
“Could you tell me about vampires?”
Carlisle looked at him. “Well there isn’t too much to say except that there are plenty of bad points to it.”
“Such as?”
“Well number one, the overpowering need for blood. Most vampires can’t suppress it and then kill humans. Some vampires don’t even try to suppress the thirst and go after people anyways.”
Artemis had already decided that he would rather not be like that.
“And we don’t age.”
“14 forever,” Artemis stated. He sighed. Why couldn’t this have happened when he was older? 14 wasn’t really a very interesting age to be especially for more than a year. Then a thought struck him. “My family.”
“You can’t see them anymore,” Carlisle was trying to break the news gently. “Butler flew back to Ireland to inform them of your death. Humans aren’t suppose to know about out existence.”
Artemis realized that he actually felt really bad about this. He wouldn’t be able to see his family again ever. The thought made him angry. Why should this have to happen? Although in certain times it may have seemed that Artemis hadn’t needed his family but that of course wasn’t true. Artemis felt his self-control slipping. It slipped away so much easier now that he was no longer human.
“Artemis,” Carlisle said. But Artemis ignored him. He took off into the woods.
Carlisle sighed and went after him. Perhaps it wasn’t a good idea to have told him about his family so soon especially when he was so unstable.
Artemis ran faster and faster. He surprised himself with his speed but then he supposed that would be expected. He was after all no longer human. For some reason the idea of being a vampire wasn’t so vile. The idea was almost appealing in some ways. He wanted to live in Fowl Manor with his family still though and he would most preferably not like to drink blood. But being his new self he would be almost unstoppable. He could carry out all his devious plans without interference except perhaps from other vampires. He wasn’t completely changed. Not really at all. He still had his intelligence and all the plans he had before he was changed were still there. He was still after the Fairy Thief.
He stopped running when he realized that he couldn’t go on without blood. He stopped long enough for Carlisle to catch up. “Artemis,” He said. “I know this is hard. It was hard for me as well. I tried to kill myself when I found out what had happened.”
Artemis looked at the vampire. He couldn’t imagine him trying to kill himself. “Obviously you did not succeed.”
“No I didn’t, and I am rather thankful I didn’t because I have learned to live my life the way it has been handed to me and I, believe it or not, like my life very much.”
Artemis thought about what he had just heard. It was very rare that he ever learned anything new from someone. But then again who knows how old Carlisle was. Artemis was guessing he had been around for a very long time.
“I plan to use this to my advantage,” Artemis said.
“Oh?” asked Carlisle interested.
“Yes, I can accomplish more now then I could when I was human.” Artemis realized that he would have to set up a new bank account now. He was going to have to go back to Fowl Manor and get some of his personal belongings.
“I see. I am assuming things that you wouldn’t want to share with me.”
“Not particularly.” Artemis didn’t mind Carlisle but that didn’t mean that he was going to start spouting his plans or anything.
“Everyone has their secrets,” Carlisle said wondering if he should tell Artemis that Edward could read minds. He decided not to risk it and instead said, “Come on you’re going to need to hunt before seeing Butler. It isn’t safe for you to be around him when you’re so thirsty.
Carlisle took off and Artemis followed behind wondering what new surprises were in store for him.
Back to top Go down
Hazel

Hazel

Female

A Plan Gone Wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Plan Gone Wrong   A Plan Gone Wrong EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 5:17 am

(Notice: Once again some of the dialogue between Mulch and Chix Verbil was taken straight for the Opal Deception and is therefore not mine)

Chapter VII

“Holly did you see the news!” Foaly asked.
“The news? No you know I don’t watch human television Foaly.” Then she noticed the expression on the centaurs face, “What? What is it?”
Foaly didn’t respond at first but Holly couldn’t definitely tell that there was something wrong. “Answer me Foaly!”
“Artemis is dead,” Foaly finally stated.
“He what?” Holly couldn’t believe her ears. She always knew Artemis was going to get someone hurt with his grand schemes but he was planning on stopping his dangerous plots. Or at least he had been until he was mind wiped. “No I don’t believe it. It isn’t true. It’s a mistake or something. It has to be. How did it happen?”
“He was in a car wreck,” Foaly said unhappily. “I don’t think it’s a mistake Holly. Not unless you think Butler would lie. No remains of Artemis were found but the car exploded so that’s expected. Butler was thrown from the car which was why he lived. It’s one of those few times where not wearing a seat belt can save your life.”
Holly had to sit down. As often as she said she saw this coming she still hadn’t expected this to happen. And a car crash was the last thing on her mind. Artemis had been becoming rather decent. It was awful. “I wonder how Butler is taking to all this.”
“Probably not very well,” Foaly answered.
“I wish I could talk to him but you know that is impossible, he wouldn’t even remember me. I knew I would regret this.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~000~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Mulch Diggums saw the news on the television he was completely shocked. Artemis Fowl dead? He had to see this for himself. He had to hear the story from a reliable source. He had the disc Artemis gave him and even if Artemis wasn’t around to get his memories Butler still deserved to get his back. Breaking out of that ship wasn’t easy. But with his dwarf talents he was able to much more easily but that didn’t mean it was a stroll in the park or anything by all means. Mulch wondered who he was going to do this.
He could try to break in but that wouldn’t offer very good results if he was caught. And he didn’t even know if Butler was around. He supposed that the best solution would be to knock on the door and ask for Butler.
So that’s what he did. Juliet opened the door. “Is there something I can do for you little man?”
“Yes I am looking for Butler, is he here?”
“No sorry he isn’t,” Juliet made to shut the door.
“Wait, then could you tell me when he might be coming back?”
“No because I don’t know. All I know is that he decided that he is going to spend a little time in the US, somewhere in Washington.”
“Ok then, I guess I’ll speak with him later then,” Mulch said unhappily. Washington, why Washington? Mulch sighed. He breaks out of jail to come to Fowl Manor and now he has to go to Washington. Unbelievable.
Mulch walked away from Fowl Manor trying to think what would the fastest way into the US would be. He quickly decided on plan that was the fastest way other than a LEP shuttle. And there was no way he was going to get his hands on one of those. He just broke out of prison and he had no intention of going back.
The flight was a long and boring as usual. He got plenty of funny looks from people that he ignored but at least no one said anything to him. The last time he had been in an airport he had been held up by security for hours because of his “partner” Loafers. A very short man with a temper to make up for it.
Once in Seattle Mulch realized that he would have completely no way of finding out where Butler was. If he had decided to stay in the huge and busy city of Seattle than Mulch might as well give up. He had no other choice than to ask Foaly. Doing that could mean going back to prison. Mulch weighed his options. Was it worth it? Yes he decided. And he didn’t really think that Foaly would send him back to prison. Or he’d like to think he would.
Now to get Foaly’s attention. How could he do that without going underground? Mulch thought for a moment and was coming up blank. He sighed. It looked like he was going to have to make a trip below ground much sooner than he wanted to.
A few hours later Mulch was plonked into an uncomfortable interview room growing more bored every second.
“Chix Verbil,” He shouted. “I know you’re watching me. We need to talk.”
Mulch kept banging on the glass until the cell door opened.
“Mulch Diggums isn’t it? Are you surrendering?”
Mulch snorted. “What do you think? I go through all the trouble of breaking out just to surrender to a sprite. I think not, lamebrain.”
“Hey listen dwarf. You’re in no position to be making cracks. You’re in my custody, in case you haven’t noticed. There are six security fairies surrounding this room.”
“Security fairies. Don’t make me laugh. They couldn’t secure an apple in an orchard. I escaped from a sub-shuttle under a couple of miles of water. I can see at least six ways out of here without breaking a sweat.
Chix hovered nervously. “I’d like to see you try. I’d have to charges in you behind before you could unhinge that jaw of yours.”
Mulch winced. Dwarves hated behind jokes. “Okay, easy there Mister Gung Ho. Let’s talk about the real reason I’m here.”
“Oh and why is that?” Chix answered in a tone that said he didn’t really care but was asking the question to enlighten Mulch.
“I need to talk to Foaly.”
Chix narrowed his eyes. “What about.”
“That, moron, is none of your business.”
“Well calling me moron isn’t exactly helping your cause.”
Mulch sighed. “Look are you going to let me talk to him or what?”
“I don’t know. He has a lot going on right now. With Julius Root dead And Holly Short on the run.”
“What?” Mulch blurted out.
Commander Root and Captain Short heard that General Scalene escaped and they went after him. What I heard was Captain short went crazy, shot her own commander and is now on the move.”
Mulch didn’t believe it for a second. But he would like to hear it straight from the horse’s mouth, no pun intended. “I need to talk to Foaly now sprite!”
Chix hesitated. Why should he help a common criminal, one who insulted him to boot! “Fine you can talk to Foaly, although I don’t know what good it will do you.”
He opened up the com screen and pressed a few things. “There, when he is ready to talk he will appear.”
“Chix, you’re hovering. Come down where I can see you.” Came Foaly’s voice.
“Now what do you want? I have things on my mind here.”
“Actually Foaly it isn’t necessarily me that wants to talk to you. I’m here with Mulch Diggums and he is stressing the importance of having a few words with you.”
“He is, is he? Well but him on then.”
“Hello Foaly,” Mulch said.
“Well that didn’t take long to catch you,” Foaly snorted. “You sunk my shuttle.”
“Yes, my regrets. And I wasn’t caught actually. I turned myself in so I could talk to you.”
“The prospect of having a conversation with me was so wonderful that you wouldn’t mind spending a few more decades in jail for it? Don’t I feel special.”
“Be serious. I need you to track down a certain Mud-man for me.”
“If you’re thinking Artemis he’s dead. And I didn’t think you had very many human contacts.”
“Yes I heard about Artemis. And I don’t have human contacts. Just tell me where Butler is ok?”
“Butler, why?” Foaly was getting suspicious of Mulch’s intentions.
“I just need to know,” Mulch was under no circumstance tell Foaly about the disc. He would no doubt take it away and Butler would never get his memories back.
Foaly sighed. “I don’t see why this matters, your headed back to jail and even if you did break out to see Butler he wouldn’t remember you.” Mulch could hear Foaly tapping on his keyboard. “Butler is currently in Forks, Washington. There happy.”
“Just thrilled. But before you go I have a verification to make. Did Holly really shoot Julius?”
“Look Mulch I’m not even supposed to be talking to you or telling you anything. If Sool finds out I’m in big trouble. I don’t know what happened. We lost all sound. That’s what it looked like but I fail to believe that’s what happened. So long Mulch.” The screen went blank.
“Now you can rest easier in prison now,” Chix said.
Mulch grinned. “Yes but I don’t plan on going to prison.”
When Mulch had mentioned seeing six ways out he hadn’t been kidding. While talking to Foaly he had gotten the shackles of his wrists so all he had to do was get to Chix before he was shot. Which he did. He scooped up the sprite in his jaws all but his head, encasing him in dwarf spittle and then spit him out.
“Aw these wings take forever to dry,” Chix complained.
Mulch was up and out before the “security fairies” had even entered the room.
“Job well done,” He said to himself.
Back to top Go down
Hazel

Hazel

Female

A Plan Gone Wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Plan Gone Wrong   A Plan Gone Wrong EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 5:17 am

Chapter VIII

Artemis and Carlisle made it back later that night. Artemis felt much better. The feeling still lingered inside him but it wasn’t as strong now. He frowned when he reached the house, something didn’t smell right. It was really a bad smell. If anything it smelled really good.
“We must have a visitor,” Carlisle said, opening the front door.
“Butler!” Artemis was glad to see his bodyguard.
“Wow Artemis, you look so different. I almost don’t recognize you.” Butler moved to get closer to Artemis but Jasper gave him a warning glance that said, “Don’t push it.”
“We’ll leave you guys alone to talk to each other. But you need anything we’ll be close by,” Carlisle said.
Before they knew it Butler and Artemis were alone.
“How are my parents?” was Artemis’s first question.
“Not happy,” Butler wasn’t going to lie. “It wasn’t easy lying to them like that.”
Artemis shook his head. “I’m sorry.” Artemis wasn’t so good at this apologizing thing. It wasn’t like him at all to consider anyone else’s feelings but his own.
“Well what’s done is done,” Butler said. He didn’t want to dwell on the subject. It wouldn’t make him or Artemis feel any better. “How are you?”
Artemis shrugged. “Fine I guess.”
“You seem all right being around me and all,” Butler said. “I was warned by the other vampires that a normal newborn can’t be around humans for a very long time.”
Artemis smiled. “You and me both know, I am everything but normal.”
Butler considered this to be true and didn’t argue with the genius.
“I don’t deny that it isn’t easy,” Artemis continued. “But it’s nothing that I can’t handle.”
“So what are you going to do now?” Butler asked.
“For now I have no current plan. But trust me Butler I have plenty of schemes that still need to be carried out.”
Butler nodded he would be a fool not to believe Artemis. “What of the Fairy Thief?”
Artemis sighed. “I admit that I still desire that painting. Although that building holds some unpleasant memories I may find myself back there.”
“Would you be too disappointed if you didn’t have too?” Butler produced something from his coat pocket and handed it to Artemis.
“The Fairy Thief. How did you get it?”
Butler shrugged. “It was lying on the floor. It seems that your hunch about Victoria liking art was correct.”
“On the floor?” Artemis said in disbelief. He was rather disgusted at the idea of something like this lying on the floor. “I wish I had all my belongings. It would be nice to test this.”
Butler shrugged. “I suppose I’ll have to go back and get it for you.”
“Yes that would be most helpful since I can’t really get it myself. But I hope you are planning to stay.”
“Yes of course as long as I’m welcome. I don’t really think you need my protection anymore though.”
Artemis grinned. “No I don’t. But your company perhaps.”
“Um excuse me for interrupting but there is a strange little man at the door who says he needs to speak with Butler.” Rosalie said.
Butler and Artemis exchanged glances. Who would follow Butler all the way to Washington?
Butler went to answer the door. Artemis followed at a safe distance. If it was someone that Butler knew, chances are that Artemis would also know this person.
“Hello Butler, you have no idea what I had to go through to track you down. I know you don’t remember me but don’t worry that’ll all be fixed. At least it will be if Artemis did this right.”
“If I did it right?” Artemis said, emphasizing the word “if.” He of course had no idea what the little man was talking about but he knew whatever he did of course it would be done right.
“Artemis! You’re alive! I saw on the news and I thought for sure there was no way that you were alive yet here you are,” Mulch said the words rushing from his mouth in excitement. “But you do look different.”
Most of the Cullen’s had entered the room not able to keep back their curiosity. Everyone in the room just stared at Mulch speechless.
He sighed and pulled out a small disc. “Here just watch this.” Everyone watching him made him feel uneasy.
Butler took the disc looking at it suspiciously. It looked even smaller in his massive hands. “Do you have a computer?” he asked the Cullen’s.
Alice pointed to the nearby machine.
Butler loaded the disc and two files popped up. One was labeled Artemis, and the other labeled Butler. Butler looked at Artemis for instruction.
“Yours first.”
Butler clicked on his file. Artemis popped up on the screen and began to speak.
Artemis stared at his image. When did he do this? Was this him at all? It could be a clever hologram. But as the Artemis on the screen continued to speak it was hard for the real Artemis to deny that the figure was indeed he.
“Your name old friend is Domovoi.”
Artemis frowned, how had he known that?
“Artemis!” Butler said. He was overwhelmed with memories. “Here.” Butler couldn’t explain. He went back and clicked on the Artemis File.
Artemis watched in silence absorbing his every word. When it was over, Artemis stared at the screen for a second, getting his thoughts and memories organized. He turned to the dwarf waiting in extreme anticipation. “Mulch Diggums, I always knew I could count on you.”
Mulch looked smug. “I had to sink a sub and escape the LEP to get here mud-boy so you better be grateful. But now that you know everything, I would also like some explanations.”
“I didn’t die in that car wreck.”
Mulch snorted. “Let’s skip to the parts that I don’t already know please.”
“If you keep interrupting you’ll be lucky to even hear anything.”
Then Artemis noticed the Cullen’s. They probably had no idea what was going on. He supposed that they could know about the People after all they were harboring they’re own secrets from the humans. “This is Mulch, he is a dwarf.”
“Artemis, humans aren’t supposed to know!” Mulch hissed wondering what on earth the human was doing.
“We’ll you had no problem letting them see the disc. And besides that aren’t human.”
The Cullen’s looked at Mulch and then back to Artemis for further explanation. So he launched into the tales of how he originally met the Fairy People and all he had been through with them.
Finally when Artemis finished, he could see a flicker understanding in their faces.
Alice was the first to react. She shook her head quickly as to rid herself of a bad idea. “Who would’ve guessed?”
Artemis shrugged. “No one ever has.”
“Except you, Artemis,” Mulch said.
“So you are saying that there are Fairy’s living underground?” Jasper asked.
Artemis nodded. “I know it’s hard to believe but seriously, I didn’t believe in vampires and now look. I’m standing here with 5 of them.”
There was no way they could argue with that. Artemis was glad that they believed him and understood him the first time. He didn’t particularly enjoy having to repeat himself.
“Vampires,” Mulch said. “Finally I am told something. Are you going to explain now Artemis?”
“I got bitten by a vampire and therefore became one. So now I am unable to live with my parents because not only is it safe but humans aren’t technically supposed to know about us. The only way to explain what happened was to lie and say I was dead.”
Mulch looked thoughtful. “I suppose I can’t really call you Mud-boy anymore.”
Artemis sighed. “Leave it to Mulch to hear news like this and then say something completely irrelevant.”
Mulch shrugged. “I’m sorry you can’t see your parents but I am glad that you are still alive.”
“He isn’t really alive technically,” Emmett added.
Mulch shrugged. “Details. But now to a more serious matter. I need your help Artemis.”
Artemis sighed. “Of course, you wouldn’t have restored my memories if you didn’t.”
“Julius is dead. Holly is on the run. She is the number one suspect.”
“What? Why would Holly be suspected?”
“I don’t really have all the details but from what I heard, and what Foaly saw on the video Holly shot her own commander.”
Artemis’ mind scrambled for an idea and was thankful to have one. He looked over at the Cullen’s to see that more explaining would be needed. This was going to end up being a rather long night.
Back to top Go down
Moonlite Knight
Admin
Moonlite Knight

Female
Number of posts : 360
Job/hobbies : Reading, Writing, Collecting Junk, and Drawing
Humor : It's really dry...
A Plan Gone Wrong Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100A Plan Gone Wrong Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-06-23

A Plan Gone Wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Plan Gone Wrong   A Plan Gone Wrong EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 1:55 am

Beyond awesome so I'm commenting it again! Razz Hope you continue soon! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://fffever.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

A Plan Gone Wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Plan Gone Wrong   A Plan Gone Wrong Empty

Back to top Go down

A Plan Gone Wrong
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FanFiction Fever :: FanFiction Recomendations :: FanFiction-
Jump to: